Alan Z is Atlanta’s own triple-threat: singer, rapper, actor. Having lived in three different continents during his childhood, Alan Z was oblivious to the concept of culture shock from the jump. He began his musical journey as a rap artist at 12, freestyling in school and local ciphers. When he turned 15, he started singing, which helped him create a large female fanbase. After high school, Alan Z moved down to Atlanta and started seeing opportunities presenting themselves and where he began amassing support. Alan Z is carving his own lane as a versatile artist that raps and sings, bridging the gap between hip-hop and R&B. Since then, he has worked with King Los, Full Force, Raphael Saadiq, Shanice Wilson, Tabitha of Kut Klose, and more.
Influenced by Eminem, 2Pac, Michael Jackson, Rakim, Ras Kass, Big Pun, Lauryn Hill, Usher, Trey Songz, Chris Brown, The Weeknd, Tonedeff, and Chino XL among many others, Alan Z strives to be a trailblazer for Asian-Americans in the entertainment industry. With his debut EP release “First Time’s The Charm”, Alan Z intricately weaves pop, R&B, and hip-hop aggression into a tapestry that defies stereotypes and labels.
• Hosted the TV pilot “The Battle Zone” exec produced by J Nance (2019)
• Featured performer with Jhonni Blaze from Love & Hip-Hop (2019)
• Performed with Nada and Truedy from Unpretty Rapstar (2018)
• Opened for Korean hip-hop superstars San E and Mad Clown (2018)
• Held EP Release & Birthday Bash, where over 150 people attended (2017)
• Featured performer with The Hamiltones for Poetry Vs. Hip-Hop (2017)
• Featured performer for ShredTVT & Friends at Apache Cafe (2016)
• Headliner at K-Pop All Night: Atlanta (March 2016)
• Featured performer at KORUS 2015 and 2016 (annual festival in Virginia)
• Opened for Korean idol Kim Wan Sun at Maryland Live Casino (2015)
• Performed at VietFest 2015 and was a Judge for VietFest Got Talent (2015)
Alan Z Merch: http://savagenative.bigcartel.com/
Official Website: http://www.AlanZmusic.com