The Atlanta Sci-Fi and Fantasy Expo proudly announces a new addition to this year’s Expo: a juried art exhibition! This is a fantastic opportunity to share your talents with a new audience! In addition to Expo attendees, our pop-up gallery will be open to the public. Remember, it’s opening weekend for Captain Marvel, so movie-goers will also be able to view your creations!
The Art Show is open to amateurs and professionals alike! From oil to mixed media to framed reproductions, all mediums are welcome. Subjects within the sci-fi/fantasy realm are encouraged, but not required. ASFE is a family-friendly event, so adult themes or imagery may not be approved. The Expo has the final say in what is and is not appropriate for the show. All accepted artwork must be wired and ready to hang; no exceptions. Each artist will be assessed a $20 hanging fee for display space for up to five pieces. Large format works will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Although not required, you are welcome to sell your artwork at the show. The Expo will not take a commission from the sell of your artwork. That’s right, you make the sale and 100% of the proceeds are yours to keep! We will provide a room monitor for the duration of the exhibit and notify you of any potential interest or sales. You must be on the premises to make the exchange and handle any payment processing. It is highly encouraged that you be prepared to process credit cards via PayPal, Square, or similar. The Expo is, unfortunately, not able to assist you in this.
We’re excited to host our inaugural Art Show and look forward to your participation!
How to Participate
- Email up to eight (8) samples of your best artwork to email@example.com. Include your name, title of each file entry, dimensions of the work and your contact info (email, phone #).
- Deadline for submissions has been extended is March 6, 2019
- Accepted artwork must be ready to hang (this means brackets, wire or other hardware is already firmly affixed and available to assist us in attaching it to our slat walls) and delivered to the ASFE Gallery between 9-10 AM March 9, 2019. The Art Show opens at noon. We’ll provide an identification/price tag for your completion at delivery.
- Accepted artwork must remain on display until the END of the Expo, Sunday March 10 at 6PM.
- All unsold artwork must be retrieved by you or your designated agent by Sunday, March 10 at 7 PM. ASFE will not be held responsible for any unclaimed artwork.